Prof. Dr. Carlos G. Dotti
Centro de Biología Molecular Severo Ochoa, Madrid, Spain
Prof/Dr. Carlos Dotti obtained his Medical Doctor Degree and Phd in Neuroendocrinology at the National University of Cordoba in Argentina. He then worked as a postdoctoral scientist in the USA receiving a NIH Fogarty International Fellowship and later on in Germany with an Alexander von Humboldt fellowship.
From 1991 to 2000 Dr. Dotti was Group Leader at the European Molecular Biology Laboratory (EMBL) in Heidelberg. From 2000 to 2005 he was Scientific Director of the Cavalieri Ottolenghi Institute of Neuroscience in Turin (Italy), then Full Professor at the Catholic University Leuven (Belgium) and since 2009 he is full professor at the Centro de Biología Molecular Severo Ochoa in Madrid (Spain). His research focuses on underlying the mechanisms behind the decline of cognitive functions that occurs during aging using a broad range of biochemical, molecular electrophysiological and behavioral methods.
- Aging, Alzheimer’s disease, neurodegeneration.
- Metabolic stress, cholesterol loss and implication in learning and memory function.
- Synaptic plasticity, brain, cognition.
- Benvegnù S, Mateo MI, Palomer E, Jurado-Arjona J, Dotti CG. Aging Triggers Cytoplasmic Depletion and Nuclear Translocation of the E3 Ligase Mahogunin: A Function for Ubiquitin in Neuronal Survival. Mol Cell. 2017 May 4;66(3):358-372.e7. doi: 10.1016/j.molcel.2017.04.005.
- Martín-Segura A, Ahmed T, Casadomé-Perales Á, Palomares-Perez I, Palomer E, Kerstens A, Munck S, Balschun D, Dotti CG. Age-associated cholesterol reduction triggers brain insulin resistance by facilitating ligand-independent receptor activation and pathway desensitization. Aging Cell. 2019 Jun;18(3):e12932. doi: 10.1111/acel.12932.
- Guix, FX., Marrero-Capitán, A., Casadomé-Perales, A., Palomares-Pérez, I., López del Castillo, I., Miguel, V., Goedeke, L., Martín, M.G., Lamas, S., Peinado, H., Fernández-Hernando, C. and Dotti, CG. (2021). Increased exosome secretion in aging neurons by NPC1-mediated endosomal cholesterol build-up. Life Sci. Alliance. 4 (8) e202101055
The ISYNC conference is funded by the Deutsche Forschungsgemeinschaft DFG.